- 8th of Oct. 1806: Eleanor, John, Samuel, and Ann TENNISON, orphans of Samuel Tennison. No guardian named. Assessors: Rueben CRAIG, and Thomas ALLSTAN; property: St. Clement's Amor, 50 ac. (Annual Valuation and Assessments by Kirk Ranzetta.
Aug, 1806. Jeremiah Gibson petitioned the court to allow him 3 lbs. charge of Dr. Roach against him as guardian to Samuel Tennison, a minor (Orphan Ct. Rec., Fenwick)
In 1814 Samuel served in the War of 1812, Private, St. Mary's Co., Militia, 45Th Regt; He served 5 days during this period.
In Jan. 13, 1815. A bill (no. 50) concerning Mathew GUY, John WOODWARD, Samuel TENNISON, and Wilfred DRURY
"Be it enacted by the senate and house of representatives of the United States of America in congress assembled, that the secretary of the treasury be, and hereby authorized, the sum of five hundred dollars, in equal portions to Mathew Gud of Price William County in Virginia and Samuel Tennison and Wilfred Drury of St. Mary's County, Maryland or to their heirs; which sum of five hundred dollars is paid to them as evidence of the sense of entertained by the congress, of their valor and good conduct, in capturing a boat, belong to the enemy, in St. Clement's Bay, in Potomac River, in the month of December last; making prisoners of the crew, consisting of a midshipman and four seaman, with their arms, consisting of four muskets and two sabers; and also as a compensation for the prisoners so taken. "
[A century of Lawmaking for New Nation; U.S. Congressional Documents and Debates, 1774-1875 bills and Resolutions, House of Representatives, 13th Congress, 3rd session. (Library of Congress).]: From Linda Reno, Dec, 2004 Charles County Rootsweb.
28th of Feb., 1817- House of Representatives- An act that money be paid to Samuel Tennison, his legal representative of said county. [NationalIntelligencer Newspaper Abstracts, 1814-1817]
In 1817 Samuel sells land in SMC, MD and is not in 1820 Census of SMC, MD
Comment: Another researcher provided the names of the children. In her web post (MDCharles Rootweb, 2004) she states this family was known to have come from the "Sandy Bar Plantation across the river from the light house the plot of land was shaped like a bonnet. It is thought to be the area which is now called St. Clement's Island.